- Over one-third of adults 65+ fall each year
- 20-30% of falls cause moderate to severe injuries
- In 2005, nearly 1.8 Millions people 65+ were treated in ER’s for nonfatal injuries from falls.
- At least one-third of all falls involve environmental hazards in the home.
- Two-thirds of those who fell, will fall again within six months
AAA We Make Time Home Care recognizes the importance of fall prevention and has developed training, overnight, and procedures to help reduce the chances of injury.
By taking these steps, the chance of falls is greatly reduced and keeps our older adults safe.
Step 1 – Need Assessment & Home Inspection
AAA We Make Time Care does a complimentary personalized need assessment and home inspection to ensure safety and reduced risk of repeat fall.
Home Inspection includes:
- Hygiene- Transfer Benches, Chairs, Hand Held Shower Head all need to be accessed
- Grab Bars- Properly installed in high risk areas
- Transfers- Are we properly prepared?
- Toileting- Procedures & proximity for ease of use.
- Entrances & Pathways – Getting In/Out, Reducing tripping hazards
Step 2 – Care Giver Training
An aide is carefully chosen based on our needs assessment with caring compassion, Hurricane Marketing Enterprises schedules a training session with the client, aide, and therapist. This keeps consistency in transfers and exercise while providing a chance to regain a level of independence.
Step 3 – RN Supervision/Monitor Progress*
Once home, a formalize RN Plan of Care is developed and monitored via supervisory visits, This helps track compliance and progress via documentation to ensure we are providing the best services as promised!
*Services must be provided minimum 30 days to have RN assessment fee waived